Good evening. The Election Commission extending the SIR form submission deadline and news about Cyclone Ditwah dominated headlines on Sunday, November 30. But much more has happened in the worlds of politics, business, technology, sport, and entertainment. Don’t worry, Express Catch-up is here to bring you up to speed.
- 01
Rajasthan minister asks schools to celebrate Babri Masjid demolition day as ‘Shaurya Diwas’, later withdraws order
Just 12 hours after issuing an order to celebrate December 6 — the date Babri Masjid was demolished — as ‘Shaurya Diwas’, the Rajasthan Education Department withdrew it. Education and Panchayati Raj Minister Madan Dilawar instructed both public and private schools in the state to celebrate the day. The order was withdrawn citing examinations that will December 5 and 6. Read more
- 02
Mercedes rams into 3 restaurant workers outside Delhi mall, 1 dead
In the early hours of Sunday, a Mercedes car lost control near Ambience Mall in Delhi’s Vasant Kunj area and hit a pole, killing a 23-year-old restaurant employee and injuring two of his colleagues. The police immediately reached the spot opposite the mall, and the injured were rushed to AIIMS trauma centre. Read more
- 03
Andre Russell retires from IPL, will be KKR’s ‘power coach’
On the last day for players to register for the next Indian Premier League auction in Abu Dhabi, two-time winner Andre Russell announced his retirement from the tournament. The Jamaican player, who won the title with the Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) in 2014 and 2024, will be part of their support staff as a “power coach.” Read more
- 04
West Bengal SSC removes 269 ‘tainted’ candidates from teacher recruitment process
The West Bengal School Service Commission (WBSSC) has removed 269 “tainted” candidates from the ongoing assistant teacher recruitment process. Many of them had been identified earlier among the 1,806 tainted candidates flagged in relation to the 2016 recruitment scam, yet were still able to reapply for the ongoing 2nd SLST 2025 cycle. Read more
- 05
At least 4 killed, 10 injured in California banquet hall shooting
At least four people were killed and 10 others injured in a shooting during a child’s birthday party at a banquet hall in Stockton, California. Officials said the suspected shooter has not been caught and urged the local community to assist authorities with the investigation. The sheriff’s office said early indications suggest it may be a targeted incident, and all possibilities are being explored. Read more
